Common name: Ribavirin injection
Main ingredients: ribavirin
Chemical name: 1- β- D-furanribosyl-1H-1,2,4-triazol-3-carboxamide.
Chemical structural formula:
Molecular formula: C8H12N4O5
Molecular weight: 244.21
All auxiliary materials: dilute hydrochloric acid.
[Character]This product is a colorless and clear liquid.
[Indications]Antiviral drugs. Used for viral pneumonia and bronchitis caused by respiratory syncytial virus.
[Usage dosage]Dilute with sodium chloride injection or 5% glucose injection to a solution containing 1mg per 1m1 and slowly drip intravenously. For adults, 0.5g (5 capsules) should be administered once, twice a day, and for children, 10-15mg/kg of body weight should be administered twice a day. Each infusion lasts for more than 20 minutes, with a course of 3-7 days.
[Adverse reactions]Common adverse reactions include anemia, fatigue, etc., which disappear immediately after discontinuing the medication. Rare adverse reactions include fatigue, headache, insomnia, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, and can cause a decrease in red blood cells, white blood cells, and hemoglobin.
[Taboo]Prohibited for those who are allergic to this product or pregnant women.
1. Those with severe anemia or abnormal liver function should use it with caution.
2. Interference with diagnosis: Oral administration of this product can cause an increase in blood bilirubin by up to 25%, and large doses can cause a decrease in hemoglobin.
3. Take medication as soon as possible. The administration of respiratory syncytial virus pneumonia within the first 3 days is generally effective. This product is not suitable for patients who have not been diagnosed with respiratory syncytial virus infection in the laboratory.
4. Long term or high-dose administration may have adverse effects on liver function and blood count.
[Medication for pregnant lactating women]
1. This product has a strong teratogenic effect, and a daily dose of 1mg/kg can cause embryonic damage in rabbits. Therefore, it is prohibited for use in pregnant women and women at risk of pregnancy (this product is slowly eliminated in the body and cannot be completely cleared within 4 weeks after discontinuation).
2. A small amount of medication is excreted from milk and is toxic to both mother and child animals. Therefore, lactating women need to pause breastfeeding during the medication period, and milk should also be discarded. Due to the self-limiting nature of respiratory syncytial virus infection in lactating women, this product is not intended for use in such cases.
[Children's medication]This experiment was not conducted and there are no reliable references available.
[Elderly medication]Elderly people do not recommend using it.
[Drug interactions]This product has antagonism when used together with zidovudine, because it can inhibit the conversion of zidovudine to active zidovudine phosphate.
[Drug overdose]High dose application can cause heart damage, and can cause breathing difficulties, chest pain, etc. in patients with respiratory diseases (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or asthma).
[Pharmacology toxicology]Pharmacology: broad-spectrum antiviral drugs. It has the ability to inhibit the growth of various viruses such as respiratory syncytial virus, influenza virus, hepatitis A virus, adenovirus, etc. in vitro, but its mechanism is not fully understood. This product does not alter virus adsorption, invasion, and shelling, nor does it induce the production of interferon. After entering cells infected with the virus, drugs rapidly phosphorylate, and their products act as competitive inhibitors of virus synthase, inhibiting inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase, influenza virus RNA polymerase, and mRNA guanyltransferase, thereby causing a decrease in intracellular guanosine triphosphate, damaging virus RNA and protein synthesis, and inhibiting virus replication and transmission. It may also have immune and neutralizing antibody effects on respiratory syncytial viruses.
Toxicology: Animal experiments have found that this product can induce benign tumors of the breast, pancreas, pituitary, and adrenal glands, but its carcinogenicity to humans has not been confirmed. Drugs can cause deformities in the head, palate, eyes, jaw, bones, and gastrointestinal tract of animals such as hamsters, resulting in reduced offspring survival. However, primate experiments have not found any effects of drugs on fetuses. Oral administration of ribavirin was administered to mice, rats, and monkeys at doses of 30, 36, and 120 mg/kg, respectively, or for more than 4 weeks (equivalent to human doses: 4.8, 12.3, and 111.4 mg/kg for children weighing 5 kg, or 2.5, 5.1, and 40 mg/kg for adults weighing 60 kg), resulting in cardiac injury.
[Pharmacokinetics]Intravenous infusion of 0.8g of this product, the plasma concentration after 5 minutes is (17.8 ± 5.5) μ Mol, the plasma concentration after 30 minutes is (42.3 ± 10.4) μ Mol. It enters the body and quickly distributes to various parts of the body, and can pass through the blood cerebrospinal fluid barrier. The concentration of drugs in respiratory secretions is mostly higher than that in blood. Drugs can enter red blood cells and accumulate in large amounts. After long-term medication, the drug concentration in the cerebrospinal fluid can reach 67% of the blood drug concentration during the same period. This product can penetrate the placenta and also enter milk. It hardly binds to plasma proteins. Metabolism in the liver. Plasma drug elimination half-life (t1/2 β） Approximately 0.5-2 hours. Mainly excreted through the kidneys, within 48 hours (16.7 ± 10.3%) of the drugs can be detected in urine and excreted in their original form, while (6.2 ± 1.7%) of the drugs are excreted as metabolites. Drugs can accumulate in red blood cells for several weeks.
[Packaging]Ampoule packaging, 10 pieces/box
[Validity period]36 months
[Executive standards]Chinese Pharmacopoeia 2010 Edition Part 2
[Approval number]National Pharmaceutical Standards H19993829
Enterprise Name:Zhejiang Cheng Yi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Production Address: No.118 Huahua Road, Dongtou County, Zhejiang Province, China